Drum nip width indicator
The Nip Width Indicator – a high-technology digital instrument – measures nip width based on the true roller pressure contact.
Many companies follow quality standards which include measurement traceability. Nip Control’s new calibration and verification system for the Nip Width Indicator fulfils these demands.
No ink is needed, so no cleaning is necessary
after measurements are completed.
• Measures nip width where true roller pressure starts and stops
• Correct measurement regardless of ink type and ink viscosity
• More precise than visual ink-stripe estimates
• Detect uneven nip width due to swelling, shrinking or non-parallel alignment
• Up to 50 percent quicker than estimating an ink stripe
• Pressman-independent. Objective and standardized. Facilitates printing by numbers
• Digital measuring stabilizes the offset process
• Correctly adjusted roller nips ensure process variables – ink and water – are optimally transported and mechanically processed
• Better controlled process results in more production time
• Fast and easy troubleshooting
• A cleaner measuring technique: no ink or cleaning agent